Love Your Beautifully – Natural Skin
The very name of our organization, Pretty Pale, Inc. was chosen to reflect our view of just how beautiful pale skin is. Pale Skin: so beautiful! It’s not the only attractive skin tone, of course, as all skin colors in their natural states are beautiful. However, for some reason many people with wan complexions don’t see it that way. And then to fix a non-existent problem, they often resort to unhealthy measures in an effort to alter their appearances into something that ends up worse than what they’d imagined they started with.
Pale skin is not only gorgeous, it’s healthy. If you’re born with it, it’s what nature intended for you to have. Changing it only leaves you with an unnatural look. And the process is dangerous.
In order to darken their skin, pale tones usually resort to tanning. Spray-cans aside, there are two ways to accomplish the desired result; and both are horrible for you. You can either bake yourself in the sun, or lie in a tanning bed (a known carcinogen) while you’re dosed with a high concentration of harmful UV rays.
If this is you, remember that you’re circumventing a billion-dollar sunscreen industry that exists solely to protect you from the very thing you’re exposing yourself to.
Know too that while your tan is temporary and will fade, the sun skin damage you incur while acquiring it will not. Even very small amounts of unprotected sun exposure will lead to wrinkles, hyper pigmentation, prematurely-aged skin and potentially Skin Cancer or even deadly Melanoma. And the saddest part of the whole thing is that none of it is necessary.
If you have a pale complexion, we urge you to find a mirror and take a good, hard look at yourself; to see what everyone else sees…a naturally beautiful, healthy-looking person.
Steven Spielberg once stated a quote about movies that, adjusted and paraphrased, is very fitting here: tanning is just a way to improve yourself into a failure.
You just don’t need it.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017