Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
Is a Tropical Christmas vacation in your future? As the end of the year approaches in the north and northeast, a few northern natives opt to spend their Christmas or unused vacation time on trips to the much warmer climes of the tropics. And who’s to argue that that’s not a better way to spend a winter week or two than how they otherwise might; wearing parkas and wielding snow shovels? Not us, that’s for sure. If you’re among them, know that while the meteorological atmosphere in the tropics can vary, you can still be sure that the sun’s UV rays will be awaiting you at whatever tropical destination you choose.
Some tropical areas can at times actually be colder than you’d expect. Particularly in elevated terrains, as well as during times of significant rain. Our guess, however, is that you’ll do enough research ahead of time to know when and where the best time and place to suit you will be. Wherever you go in the tropics though, it’s always a wise decision to bring sunblock with you. As well as your Sundicators sun-safety wristbands.
The reason is that whether you experience consistently hot, sunny days, heavy rainfall or colder-than-normal temperatures, you’ll still be subject to sun skin damage. So please, don’t take the sun (or its absence) for granted if you awaken to a day in the tropics that’s less than tropical. Few things can ruin both your present vacation, and potentially your future health, more than an unexpected sunburn. Cool weather is no more of a protection against ultraviolet solar rays than a cocktail umbrella is against the rains of a monsoon.
So kindly make sure when you’re packing your clothes and other personal belongings en route to your tropical vacation, that you leave enough room in your suitcase for a sufficient amount of sunscreen and related products. It’s a much better solution than trying to find them once you get there. Or worse, deciding to go without any. Just think of it as a simple, inexpensive precaution. And enjoy your time in the tropics!
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017