As Americans we will always support our Military Folks. Although social media posts and bumper stickers are nice to see, we’d like to go beyond that today and offer something somewhat more tangible to the effort. And while doing so also address an issue rarely mentioned when discussing the support of our troops. Namely, helping those Military folks stationed abroad to protect and maintain the health of their skin.
Many of the men and women who serve do so in arid desert climates, and without easy access to items that have the ability to protect them from sun skin damage. With that in mind, when sending those thoughtful care packages overseas, we ask that you consider adding a few bottles of sunscreen to the box.* With so much else to concern themselves with while on active duty, the last thing any soldier should have to worry about is running out of sunblock. Every single thing we can do to assist them is worth doing.
With the Military Sun Exposure and Sun Safety portion of this post complete, we’d now like to take a moment to extend our gratitude to these heroes who serve. This sentiment is especially important in December when, as we all know, many will not be able to return home to celebrate Christmas with their friends and loved ones.
Accepting the responsibilities and risks of military life in an effort to protect us is a supreme act of selflessness. Generation after generation, century after century our brave soldiers continually put themselves in harm’s way to defend not only us, but our way of life.
Congressmen and presidents come and go, but the one amazing constant in our country’s history-even before we became a country-is that there have always been those willing to fight for the greater good. Even though doing so often results in numerous sacrifices; including at times the ultimate sacrifice.
How do you adequately express appreciation for these efforts in words? The answer is, of course, you can’t. There are no words adequate enough.
To those who serve throughout all of our Armed Forces both at home and abroad, we are forever indebted to you. We’d like to offer to you our most profound gratitude, and wish you a very Merry Christmas.
*If you’d like to purchase Sundicators sun-safety wristbands for the purpose of donating or sending to our servicemen and women, please contact us for a discount rate
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017