Whenever we’re told we NEED to do something that’s good for us, it goes over about as well now as the “eat your peas!” edict our parents regularly gave us once did.
When kids are taught something beneficial to them in health class, textbook jargon often gets in the way. And the ease of…oh, let’s say practicing sun safety, is then lost on them due to a dull presentation of the message. Luckily my kids saw the pain and agony I went through, and they were reasons enough for them to use both good judgement and sunscreen while out in the sun. Of course, that doesn’t mean they still don’t live their lives, aren’t trendy, or look too old for their ages.
Sun protection really is for every-body. Regardless of your personal style, religious beliefs, or sensitivity to ingredients, there are ways to remain healthy in the sun without much effort or having to become a different person!
Here’s what you can do to protect yourself in the sun while still rocking your own style:
- Buy a moisturizer with sunscreen 15+ built into the formula. They’re unisex and inexpensive. And though we prefer a full concentration of sunscreen, something is always better than nothing. (Please note that re-application is still important regardless of choice.)
- Wear a hat in the sun. Fedoras are really hot now on both men and women. Also the traditional baseball cap looks equally sexy, if a wide-brimmed hat is too conspicuous for your taste. While we do like the latter option better, it doesn’t make other choices to shade your face any less sensible. Any effort that we get from you is a success for us both.
- Shade, shade and more shade. Shade is free if you like trees, but if none are readily available, seek any covered area that completely blocks you from the sun. An awning or patio umbrella are just two quick examples of this. Shading yourself is especially important between 10 am and 4 pm. And while that may seem like a lot of prime hours per day to avoid the sun, doing so really can save a life. Indeed, have you ever wondered why vampires are immortal? Now you know.
- Add Sundicators to your daily regimen because for under just a cup of coffee per day, your skin will remain extra protected in the sun because we REMIND you when to re-apply.
It’s simple. Using your own good judgment and being aware of the time of day while outdoors will lead to better skin health. If you think sun protection isn’t a concern to you today and act as such, wrinkles and even worse skin damage will become permanent concerns in your future. So be smart, and set the precedent for your skin today that’ll allow you to enjoy a worry-free tomorrow.
Sundicators-The Best Skin-surance Under The Sun
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017
- Window Tinting: A Skin Saver for the Whole Family? - April 8, 2017
- Can Exercise Contribute to Skin Cancer and Melanoma? - March 28, 2017
- Eczema, Bleach Bath Therapy and Your Skin - March 16, 2017
- Can Tattoo Artists Help Spot Skin Cancer? - March 1, 2017
- Phoning it in: Telehealth and Dermatology - February 21, 2017
- Be Forewarned: Sun Exposure Causes Broken Capillaries - February 13, 2017