Phoning it in: Telehealth and Dermatology
In just a very short period of time, most of our society has had to adapt to massive changes regarding technology. Everything’s changed; from entertainment options, to shopping, to communicating, to “Telehealth”. How many of you reading this remember when telephone booths were everywhere? Yet see one now, and we’ll take its picture on our smartphones to share it with our fellow nostalgic friends. Well, now, great strides have also been made in combining common, widely available technology with health care.
A Convenient Way to Access Better Healthcare
It’s difficult as it is to get many people to visit their general practitioners, let alone a specialist such as a Dermatologist. Especially for those people who live in more secluded areas of the United States. With the relatively new telehealth technology, traveling to a skin health care appointment is as easy as walking into your living room and turning on your computer.
It’s not only simple, it costs less. And in today’s world, it may also be the difference between a person seeking out advice for this specialized care, or not doing so at all. And that’s not good; as any doctor will tell you that with skin cancer and Melanoma, the most vital key in defeating it is the speed with which it’s detected and treated. It’ll also give those who’d like to take care of more basic skin conditions a simple way to do so. During these virtual visits, dermatologists can also retain screen-shot photos of your skin issues. Also, studies have shown that the results of this telehealth practice are nearly equivalent to those compared with in-office visits.
Some people will always prefer what they’re comfortable and familiar with. And that’s great; comfort is what matters, especially in health care. However as time goes by, more and more people will become just as comfortable embracing this new technology. Particularly when they get used to the ease, cost…and a “waiting room” that includes their favorite chairs at home.
*Source article: Hitconsultant.net
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017