If you haven’t just returned from a lengthy vacation on Jupiter, you’ve probably noticed that America is currently embroiled in one of, if not the, most polarizing presidential elections ever. Fear not, though! We aren’t here today to discuss the politics of politics; or to take sides. Instead we’d like to focus on the candidates and their allies Sun Safe Practices During the Presidential Campaign.
When Going Get’s Tough – Use Sun Protection
Sun Safe Practices During the Presidential Campaign
While giving a recent speech in Florida, vice president Joe Biden donned sunglasses. It was an act so newsworthy, MSNBC ran a breaking news banner caption under the VP that read: “Biden puts on Sunglasses at Tampa Rally.” And it was a smart choice made by Mr. Biden to block the sun’s UV rays.
Those running for office are required to do a significant amount of traveling around the country to get their views across to the electorate. However, they’re not always inside beautiful hotel ballrooms attending lavish dinner parties; or giving sound bites to reporters from the comfort of air conditioned press rooms. Some rallies and speeches are held outdoors.
Once outdoors the sun can reach any of us. And it doesn’t matter if we’re in Tampa, Florida or the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota. Those harmful rays disregard weather, clouds, temperature and anything else that tries to get in their way of inflicting sun damage.
The Sun is also Politically Nonpartisan
The sun is also politically nonpartisan. It doesn’t care if a candidate is Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, Tea Party, Green Party or any other party. Nor does it care if a candidate is honest and genuine, or a liar tossing out false campaign promises. Nope. Anyone who doesn’t adequately protect him or herself from those harmful UV rays increases his or her chances of developing skin cancer or even worse, Melanoma.
So if you’re part of a traveling political entourage, wear long sleeves, sunglasses and hats; if feasible. And remember to apply and re-apply sunscreen often.
This election cycle, make sure to cast a decisive “No” vote for Melanoma-by practicing sun-safety.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017