Well, it’s that time of year again. The lovely season during which the leaves change and the air chills. Autumn means beauty, and October means Halloween.
We’d just like to take a quick moment today and gently remind you that fall is also a time during which thoughts of sun-safety fade. Unfortunately however, the sun and its UV rays never forget. Sun skin damage is still very much a risk in autumn. But the good news is that because it’s cooler now than in summer most of us wear more clothing- which is a great UV ray blocker. At issue though is our faces, necks, ears, hands and arms are often left exposed. So it’s still very important to wear sunscreen while outdoors.
With that in mind, there’s a great way to help us spread sun-safety and Melanoma awareness that’s in the uh, spirit, of Halloween. If it’s within your means, purchase some small trial or travel-sized bottles of sunscreen with your Snickers and Hershey bars. Then pass out both to your trick or treaters this year. Of course, we wouldn’t suggest giving away only the sunscreen. Nobody wants to wake up in November to find more eggs on the house than on the breakfast plate. But we digress.
All we ask is that while you’re carving your pumpkins and hanging up your ghosts, please keep in mind that sun-safety is important all year ‘round; then help spread the word. Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the world, and the more education that gets out there, the quicker the number of its instances will be reduced.
We hope you have a wonderful time enjoying the variety of colors this autumn. And we wish you all a very happy, fun and safe Halloween!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017