May is Melanoma Awareness Month, and all throughout May we’ll be bringing you blog posts that focus on a specific result from, or contributor to, sun skin damage. Today we’ll be focusing on Shade Shelters that help you create your own shade for instant sun protection for the entire family.
If you’re familiar with our blog at all, you’ll already be fully aware of how important sunscreen is in protecting you from the sun skin damage you’ll face every week, of every month, of every year. But sunscreen’s only part of the solution. The thing is, every second you spend outside, (or inside if your job or home provides you with an office window) leaves you open to the effects of sun damage.
Any time that you have to be outside for whatever reason, you should always strive to spend as much of that time as possible in the shade. Nature provides you with a fantastic option; trees, which are usually plentiful wherever you are. (Nebraska, Iowa and a good part of Wyoming notwithstanding.)
If your home comes with an awning, or you’ve installed one, remain under it whenever you can. When you go to the beach, lake or a town park, bring a beach umbrella. Or, even better, a shade shelter. If you’ve never heard of the latter, run a quick internet search on them. They run from around $30 to over $200, so they pretty much fit into almost any budget. They’re easily assembled, sort of semi-tents that offer you protection from the sun- and in a stylish fashion, too. They’re the beach umbrellas for a new generation.
It only takes minutes’ worth of sun exposure to begin accumulating sun damage, so do whatever it takes to avoid that bright yellow orb when you’re outside. There are numerous ways to get yourself under shade. We don’t even care if you try to single-handedly bring parasols back into fashion. Any structure, whether permanent or portable, that gets between you and the sun is a good thing to have around. In fact, it’s a great thing.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017