May is Melanoma Awareness Month, and throughout it we’ll intermittently bring you blog posts focused on a specific result from, or contributor to, irreversible sun damage to the skin. Today’s focus is on risks associated with Athletes, Extreme Sports and Sun Exposure
In a previous post we went over the importance of wearing sunscreen while participating in a number of classic warm weather sports. Now though, we’d like to take an additional step and address the rising popularity of extreme sports.
In order to limit the elevated risks associated with these sports, many hours of outdoor practice are required. Even more so than other, more traditional athletics. What that means to us, of course, is more time by players spent outside in the sun, subjected to permanent skin damage caused by its harmful UV rays.
Mountain climbing, mountain biking, skateboarding, parkour, motocross, surfing, skydiving skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, paragliding, parasailing and waterskiing are just a few of the extreme sports that more and more people are taking up. You’ll note that all seasons are covered in this group, just as sun exposure is a risk in all seasons.
Participation in these and other, similar sports requires great concentration. Which means it’s unlikely that you’ll spend a lot of time wondering when sunscreen re-applications are needed. But they are needed, of course, in order to keep yourself protected. The good news is that Sundicators are now available to keep an eye on that for you.
Sundicators are UV monitoring wristbands that change colors when your sunscreen’s effectiveness wears off. They’re waterproof, durable, unisex and can be worn by all ages. And at about the size and weight of a thin bookmark, they’re also very lightweight. Whatever your sport may be, extreme or otherwise, they won’t interfere.
When it concerns the safety of your skin, whether your extreme sport takes place on the ground, in the air or on the water, Sundicators will be right there to give you peace of mind.
To learn more about Sundicators, or to purchase them, please click the link below.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017