Edible Skin Protection For The Entire Family
Ever since this blog began, we’ve brought you numerous tips on how to practice sun-safety so as to avoid the sun skin damage caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays. Today, we’re going to bring you yet another; one we haven’t discussed before: Skin Protection in food. It’s how you may be able to increase your sun protection measures through your diet, too.
No matter how many articles you might read on this subject, you’ll likely find that many of these foodstuffs overlap. In cases such as this though, redundancy is a good thing. Oh, and as you peruse this list in a moment, it’ll probably occur to you that most of its foods have also been identified as being good for keeping other parts of you healthy too, while perhaps even warding off other diseases.
Skin Protection Food Sources – Healthy Snacks
While this list is not all-inclusive, there should be enough here to get you started. In fact, it’s probable that you already eat some of these foods regularly.
- Dark chocolate
- Red snapper
- Coconut oil
- Decaffeinated green tea
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Dark/deeply-colored fruits and vegetables such as kale
- Tomatoes and tomato
These foods are collectively, full of the various flavonoids, antioxidants, fatty acids and other key edible elements that are favorable to our good health.
Though bear in mind that while consuming these foods can indeed provide some sun-safety benefits to you, please in no way assume that that means it’s no longer necessary to care about your skin’s outward protection. Sunscreen application and re-application, as well as the use of wide-brimmed hats, caps, long-sleeved shirts and long pants are still the most important things you can do for yourself. Along with seeking shade as much as possible whenever you’re outside, and trying to stay inside during the sun’s peak hours of 10a.m. and 4p.m.
However, the combination of these internal and external treatments can only help your chances of avoiding Melanoma and skin cancer even more!
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017