Time to Check In On You…
Collectively, there’s no month of the year during which we’re anywhere near as focused on dropping or changing our bad habits as we are in January. But with more than a week of time now having passed between you and New Year’s Day, the question becomes how loyal are you still being to those resolutions? We want you to have Better Skin Health so we are checking in on you.
If your new gym membership scan card already has a light coating of dust on it, or you’re already back on the Meat Lover’s Pizza Diet, that’s unfortunate. But we’re not here to chastise you for those things; there are plenty of other blogs that’ll happily discuss with you how key those types of changes are.
No, as a Melanoma awareness blog, we’re here to remind you about the vital importance of maintaining your sun-safety practices. As we begin to enter the block of time during which the true reality of winter weather always resides, we implore you to remember that the sun’s harmful UV rays do not take a holiday due to cold. In fact, at times sun skin damage can even be worse at this time of year. One reason for that is the sun, with its ability to reflect off of snow and ice, can reach your exposed skin from even more angles than it can during other seasons.
We realize how easy it is to forget that sunscreen and sun-protective clothing are not seasonal, and should be worn daily year ‘round. We also know that sun-safety probably isn’t the first thing that springs to mind when you’re lugging your shovel out of the garage to clear the driveway after a heavy snowstorm.
That’s exactly why we’re taking a few minutes right now to tie this figurative string around your finger.
So again, please remember: winter, spring, summer and fall-protect your skin through them all!
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017