Acne Prone? It’s Happened to the Best of Us
Our main focus at Sundicators is to help protect you from the perils of skin cancer while spreading Melanoma awareness. However, we want to assist you in maintaining the overall good health of your skin as well. Sometimes, an issue doesn’t rise to the level of cancer. But often, to be a concern, it doesn’t have to. Acne Prone skin is a concern to many and some folks have breakouts from chemical, mineral and oily sunscreen formulas.
Unless you’re very lucky, at some point in your life you’ve probably been saddled with acne. Perhaps you still are. And any affliction that impacts our outward appearance, whether harmful or not, adds another layer of concern and anxiety on top of those already present.
Many people with moderate-to-severe acne will seek a dermatologist’s help to reduce or alleviate the problem. For those to whom this applies, we came across an article from Dermatology Times and Modern Medicine which underscores how essential communication with your doctor is with regard to your treatment.
We’ll spare you the medical jargon this time, but the translated message is important. The piece states that some dermatologists prescribe antibiotics even after no positive results are shown, and for a duration of time significantly in excess of what they should be. The physician cited in the article indicated that a month and a half to two months should be the maximum timeframe for using an antibiotic treatment that shows little progress.
As difficult as it is for many of us, when it comes to our health it pays to be proactive. If your prescriptions aren’t working or you have any other questions about your condition, don’t be shy about talking with your dermatologist. And if you don’t think he or she is meeting your needs, find one who will.
Remember, it’s your skin. It’s the only skin you have, and it has to last you a lifetime.
Source: Dermatology Times and Modernmedicine.com
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017