Recipe for Sun Protection
Raise your hand if you are getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday? Well, here is a fun recipe for sun protection called Sunblock Jambalaya.
Every family has one special, greatly-anticipated Thanksgiving dish that’s recipe is known only to a beloved aunt or grandma. At Pretty Pale, we have our own great Turkey Day recipe, too. And it’s perfect for any time you happen to spend outdoors this Thursday. We’re very pleased to share it with you, and truly hope that it becomes part of your holiday tradition.
- 1/2 Cup sunscreen (SPF15 or higher)
- 1 Long-sleeved shirt (design optional)
- 1 Pair of pants (jeans or slacks acceptable)
- 1 Wide-brimmed hat (or ball cap)
- 1 Sundicators sun-safety wristband
- 1 Jacket (if necessary)
- Gloves (weather permitting)
Apply sunscreen thoroughly to all parts of you that won’t be covered up by the other ingredients, as well as to your Sundicators wristband. Once completed, add on the shirt, pants, hat, jacket and gloves in a sensible order.
Once you’ve dressed yourself in all of the ingredients, go outside and enjoy yourself in any fun, reasonable activity that presents itself. Occasionally check your Sundicators to see if sunscreen re-application is needed. Maintain a general awareness of the amount of time you’re out in the sun, as sun skin damage will completely ruin your Sunblock Jambalaya.
Each portion of Sunblock Jambalaya serves one, so be sure to share the recipe with everyone at your Thanksgiving gathering.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017