NYFW Best and Worst
It’s fall fashion week again – our favorite time of the year. The air is crisper, the pumpkin flavor has emerged in just about everything you can find on the shelves. I wish I saw the color “pumpkin” more on the runways as well but, you have to realize Fashion Week works a season ahead so, you are more likely to see those tones in February vs. September.
Here is a snapshot into what I liked best and least.
- Bedazzled, ornate body jewels. Givenchy quite possibly stole the show this season. My fav.
- The 70’s inspired feathered hair. Think Heather Locklear in TJ Hooker
- Blue eye shadow. Yes, it is possible to pull it off.
- Tory Burch Collection. Resort-like, simple, with colorful appliques.
- Fringe! Fringe and more fringe!
- Vibrant Color, pattern, textures
- Peacock print
- Braids, corn rows, faux dreadlocks
- Really bad contour blending
- Weird headpieces
- Wearing heels (ouch!)
- Orange and yellow eye shadow
It is so cool to be in an industry that reinvents itself twice a year. Although this is the last season for Mercedes-Benz, we wonder how the next season will stand up to all the artistry we have come to know a MBFW or fall fashion week, the talented designers, artists, models and production folks are literally geniuses’. The color, pattern texture and alter egos’s that walk and sometimes run down the runway make each season one to be very excited about. Just when you think a designer and their creative teams can’t out-do a show from a previous year…. they do.
NYFW will have some heavy shoes to fill next February. With Lincoln Center being totally out of the picture, we wonder what will happen next. With all the creativity that surrounds these milestones events, we look forward to the next phase at NYFW.
I love this industry. The beauty, the creativity.. what’s not to love?
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017