Here on our skin health care blog we promote the use of self-tanning over real tanning or tanning beds, due to the dangers associated with the latter two. Self-tanning is accomplished without exposure to harmful UV rays and doesn’t cause sun skin damage. However, nothing is perfect. And if you pick the wrong product, you could find your skin tinted the same shade of orange the cast of Orange is the New Black wears on TV.
Cringe Worthy Tans
Within the cited glamour.com article linked below, you can read a couple of embarrassing self tanning horror stories. They’re from women who initially weren’t fully aware of some of the smearing issues that can crop up with self-tanning.
If you choose to go the self-tanning route, there are many avenues you may take. You can do it yourself at home using any number of store-bought products. They vary in price based on brand name (or lack thereof) and, actually, where you buy them. At home you also have the option to prepare your own natural tanning solution made primarily from food.
You can also opt to head for a salon, or contact one of the numerous mobile spray-tanners available today. The difference between them, aside from price, is that you go to the salon while the mobile technician comes to you. In both instances, the tanning solution will be sprayed onto your body by the specialist.
From Simple Homemade Tanning Products to Complex Ones
There are countless tanning products, salons, and even recipes, to look over. Simply typing two or three words into your search engine will instantly open you up to an ocean of them. Doing a little research, including reading comments and testimonials about different products and methods, will be very helpful to you in deciding which path is right one.
We Love You Just The Way You Are
Of course, the truth is you can save yourself 100% of the time, money and effort you’ll invest in self-tanning by simply not doing it. Your skin tone was custom-made for you. And you look great in it just the way you are.
*Source article: Glamour.com
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017