Our blog almost exclusively covers either skin health care, or how to safely enhance your skin’s appearance. Every once in a while though, we like to step outside of the norm with a post such as this one we’ve written today. Fall Beauty.
We all have hectic lives these days. Commitments, jobs, responsibilities and electronic distractions that didn’t even exist a generation ago all whittle away at our free time. When you think about it, how often do we stop and take a moment anymore to appreciate the beauty that silently surrounds us?
Autumn’s Cornucopia of Beauty
Everyone has a favorite season, but it’s hard to deny the bountiful cornucopia of fall beauty that autumn delivers to us for free each year. Here in New England, autumn’s extraordinary splendor is on display from October through Thanksgiving and on into the Christmas season; when a different type of beauty takes over.
We’re aware that the northeast doesn’t hold a patent on this stunning imagery, though. Wherever you live in this great country of ours, the landscape and climate tailors the view just for you. Alas, we may have started drifting away from noticing it a bit. There’s a difference between looking at something, and truly seeing it- taking it in; appreciating it.
Although the calendar may beg to differ, the majesty of fall really only lasts about two months annually. We suggest that, if it’s feasible for you, to spend some time outdoors in the next few weeks.
Go on a hike, or simply go for a walk around your neighborhood. Look out upon the trees boasting leaves that are bursting with bright colors. Even those scattered on the ground or raked into piles carry their own pleasing aesthetics. Pumpkins, scarecrows and an early frost are also among the scenic images painted onto nature’s living canvas. It’s all right there in front of us- for a limited time only.
We won’t even harp on being sun-safe on your walks this time…okay yes, we will. We have to; Melanoma awareness is our raison d’etre. So wear sunscreen and cover up; preferably with orange or forest green jackets in keeping with our theme today. It’s up to you, of course. And we now return you to your regularly scheduled busy lives.
But, if you can…take a look. Allow yourself, if only for a moment, to dissolve into the peace and serenity that comes with autumn’s cornucopia of beauty.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017
Leave a Reply