On a recent bright sunny day I participated in a casual sales function where many Outdoor Vendors participated. Unfortunately, because my participation was due to a very kind, completely spontaneous invitation, I was mostly unprepared with regard to sun-safety. And later that day I saw what the bill for just three or four hours outside came to; courtesy of my exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays.
I was wearing a shirt and shorts, with no sunscreen or shade to be had. I was only lucky in one respect; I found a hat that I’d left in my car. It wasn’t nearly enough however, as before I even got home I could already feel the burn on my ears and the back of my neck. The normally pale skin on my forearms had turned the color of one of those angry summer ocean sunsets. It contrasted starkly with the skin just above it, which had been shielded by the short sleeves of my shirt.
Use Sunscreen Daily Outdoors
While it’s not often you’d expect to be handed a gift-wrapped outdoor promotional opportunity, it’s still a good idea to keep a long-sleeved shirt and sunscreen in your car anyway. Be prepared; even if your original intention was to spend no more time in the sun than it takes to walk from your car into a store.
Of course, we’re all human. And I decided to use this as a chance to make some lemonade out of this lemon with a blog post.
There are countless vendors across the country who sell their wares outdoors. For example, here in New England the weekly flea markets are already out in full force throughout the region. This means anywhere from four to eight hours of standing around in the sun. And even worse, usually throughout the entirety of its peak hours.
This also includes the hot dog cart and other lunch-stand proprietors who, while they may not be there for eight hours at a stretch, make up for it by selling their food in the sun five or more days a week.
With very few exceptions, the advantage these and other vendors have is that they already know they’ll be out there. So if you’re one of them, please make sure to take the simple but necessary precautions to protect yourself with Sundicators UV Wristbands and sunscreen.
Sun damage adds up very quickly.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017