May is Melanoma Awareness Month, and all throughout May we’ll be bringing you blog posts that focus on a specific result from, or contributor to, sun skin damage. Today we’ll be focusing on the very real potential for wrinkle relief.
The wheels of science never stop turning, and it’s a great thing for mankind that they don’t. Because that perpetual motion consistently leads to new medical innovations. As our blog is dedicated to the health and maintenance of your skin, we’re happy to relay the news that a new, “second skin” has been created to perform a host of beneficial functions; albeit very temporarily. At present it’s effective for about one day. To some, this is better than the costly invasive techniques.
Leave it to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to come up with a way to easily and comfortably remove wrinkles. And even better, their creation does much more than simply improve aesthetics. How much more? Here’s a statement put out by MIT, and quoted in the source article that we’ve linked below:
“An Invisible Barrier to Provide Cosmetic Improvement…”
“It’s an invisible layer that can provide a barrier, provide cosmetic improvement, and potentially deliver a drug locally to the area that’s being treated.” They went on to say that “this “skin” could be modified to provide long-lasting protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays.”
Of course, once any new technology is developed, you can always count on continual improvements being made to it. And we’re always excited by anything that helps keep people’s skin healthy and safe.
There’s something even greater about this particular advancement, too. It provides a dual benefit not often seen. Look, to be frank we’re all vain to some extent. At times, some of us will even prioritize appearance over our own health. So imagine the success of a product that people will buy to improve their looks, but that will also support their good health as they use it?
If only everything worked that way.
*Source article: Doctors Lounge
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017