Every once in a while, we come across very interesting news regarding potential breakthroughs in the fight against cancer and Defeating Melanoma. Today, we have some more of that kind of news to bring you. A group of medical scientists were interviewed collectively for a fascinating article regarding a new single cell approach to help in the treatment of the worst form of skin cancer, Melanoma. (See link below.)
The Best Doctors and Researchers Collaborate To Eventually Beat Melanoma
The gist of the story is that this All Star team of doctors, from such esteemed institutes and facilities as MIT, Dana Farber and Brigham and Women’s Hospital,* have been researching the benefits of studying Melanoma tumors a single cell at a time. This new ability allows them to review the cells they need to individually; including both malignant and benign cells. By doing so, the potential exists to review and compare their findings with those previous, then use the information to better treat cancer patients.* As it once was with the Six-Million Dollar Man, they now have the technology.
The new innovation is key because, prior to its development, scientists had to wade through a sea of varying cells that were all combined together inside the tumor. Now they can get more specific, and the data gleaned also has the potential to help a body’s own immune system work better at destroying cancer cells. That can then lead to extended patient remissions and a reduction of relapses.*
Melanoma was chosen to kick off this research because its composition was advantageous to the study. However, the interviews in the piece also yield the great news that medical scientists are already moving forward on using this single cell method on other deadly cancers.*
Sometimes in medicine, it takes a while for progress to set up the dominos. But once they’re ready, there’s no telling how fast they’ll fall. We wish these doctors all the very best on this new endeavor.
To view the source article in its entirety, please click here
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017
[…] is also resistant to many of the treatments employed against other cancers, making it crucial to pay attention to your body for any of its […]