There are many ways for different blogs to get their points across. Methods vary of course, but there’s one in particular that we don’t agree with: the use of scare tactics. Now, we realize that times have changed. And that every person and outlet that posts some form of writing or stories on social media does what they can to try to make their voices heard over the raging Sea of Competition. This stuff ranges from repulsive medical photos that the poster is betting you can’t scroll past, to employing scare tactics to draw you into a story. And everything in between. In truth whatever’s deemed necessary to get you to give them your all-important, profitable ‘click’.
Regarding the latter, we’re sure you’ve seen what we’re talking about. Headlines such as, “Ten Every Day Health Foods That Could Be Giving You (Add some frightening disease here)!” or posts of a similar nature.
That’s not to say that we don’t care about or appreciate your clicks and page views. Quite the contrary, actually. Our primary goal is to spread Skin Cancer Awareness absolutely as far and wide as we possibly can. And all of your numerous ‘Likes’, ‘Shares’ and ‘Retweets’ help us to do just that. As a skin cancer and Melanoma blog, we just believe that much of the content we post will contain enough reality for people to deal with without the need to for any added sensationalism.
Skin cancer and Melanoma both suck. It hurts people and destroys their lives.. we know that. We have experienced it first-hand and it has been ingrained forever on our soul. The goal is to take the experiences we learned to help others prevent a similar fate. In place of scare tactics, we would like to offer personal stories, anecdotes, optimism and even occasional humor with the latest skin care information, in order to keep you interested enough to keep coming back.
Our readers and supporters are the lifeblood of our existence, and your continued support of this blog very much helps to get our vital message across. And we want to continue bringing it to you in the most organically informative and entertaining way possible.
Scare tactics need not apply.
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017
Leave a Reply