When a TV show reaches its 100 th episode, it becomes eligible for the lucrative World of Syndication. When our Melanoma and Skin Cancer Awareness blog reaches its 100 th post, well, what you get instead is recognition for the achievement, and it’s our readers that made it happen.
When we at Pretty Pale decided to start this blog last summer, we did so thinking it’d be a fantastic additional opportunity to spread sun-safety education to an even greater number of people. By gosh, did we ever underestimate. And through the use of Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media, we’ve been able to get this blog’s message out further than we’d have ever before thought possible.
Social media postings also provide us with the added benefit of interacting with our readers. We’re able to read their inspirational stories and anecdotes in response to our posts. Best of all, every ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ helps us to help the public even more.
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the world, and also the easiest to treat-if caught early enough. It’s also the easiest to prevent. Regular use of sunscreen and the wearing of proper sun-safe attire, along with a dash of common sense, can stop people from ever have to deal with any form of this affliction. Or the very real complications that can develop from it.
We’ve also been able to introduce readers to our Sundicators UV monitoring wristbands. They’re waterproof, discreet and let you know through a simple color-changing system when it’s time for a re-application of your sunblock.
We can’t thank all of you enough for both your readership and invaluable assistance in helping us grow the circulation of this blog.
If you don’t think that’s important, please remember this: if just one post gets just one person to step up their sun-safety practices, then the possibility exists that you may have saved them from the pain of dealing with skin cancer. And perhaps even their life.
Our sincerest gratitude to you all; here’s to the next 100 posts!
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017
- Back to Basics About Melanoma - April 25, 2017