Time To Rejuvenate That Scaly Skin
The blustery cold weather certainly takes a toll on our skin when spending anytime outdoors. Are you one of those people who likes to rid your face of those pesky, annoying dead skin cells as frequently and as quickly as possible? We swear by Gommage exfoliation to rejuvenate and restore dry flakey skin.
According to an article posted by instyle.com, once an applied Gommage exfoliator is removed by the consumer, it will come off in little pieces accompanied by those unwanted dead skin cells.* Rejuvenating your skin after being exposed to the elements is a sure fire way to retexturize and smooth out that uneven skin tone that get impacted by the frigid temperatures. As always, regardless of the outdoor temperature, we always suggest you apply sunscreen to your face to protect your skin from sun damage, wrinkles and unwanted fine lines.
Please note that per the Dermatologist instyle.com cited in its piece, although Gommage is less gritty than traditional scrub style exfoliators, people with sensitive skin might find the application and removal process to be too rough for them. Always consult with a professional if you have skin sensitivities before trying something new. Those of you with normal skin types can treat Gommage as you would any typical exfoliator but without the harshness you may experience with the aforementioned types of exfoliators.*
A fun fact to be aware of is that the word Gommage translates into to erase in English. Our favorite is by Yonka but, if you are interested in researching different brands, you can read the original article at instyle.com.
Thank you for reading today’s blog posting and, until next time, have a sun-safe day!
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017