You’re so Vain
You’re so vain, you probably think this post is about you.. Don’t you? Don’t you? (Carly Simon)
Regardless of whether you are male or female, there’s a little vanity in everyone, and there’s no shame in it. We all want to feel vibrant and look young for as long as we possibly can. After all, this is the oldest you’ve been and the youngest you will ever be again! And though it goes against traditional thinking, sun-tanning is exactly not the way to go about maintaining your appearance. In fact, tanning is counter-productive when it comes to keeping your skin looking younger, tighter and even in texture and tone.
Tanning, whether it artificially though tanning beds or from naturally occurring UV that comes from sun exposure is accountable for most of the transformations in our skin that we think of as a normal part of aging. Over time, ultraviolet (UV) light will permanently change the fibers in the skin called “elastin” which is something anti-aging clients spend a fortune trying to reverse. When elastin fibers break down, you will also see a noticeable breakdown in the skin such as sagging, stretching, and the skins ability to go back to its shape after stretching it. Sun damaged skin will bruise, tear and take longer to heal. So we always like to remind our readers and our students that although sun damage to the skin may not be superficial when you’re young, it will definitely show later in life and you will spend a fortune trying to reverse the damage that has already been done.
If you’re unconcerned about the health risks from sun damage, then at least consider the aging effect the sun has on your skin. Those sun damages faces you’ve seen around didn’t get that way from years spent in the shade. The truth is that prolonged, unprotected sun exposure will age your skin prematurely, and once it does there’s no going back. There are no refunds, and there are no exchanges. It’s just not worth it.
But now there’s a new, simple way to protect your skin from losing its vitality too soon: Sundicators Sun Protection Technology. Using our sunscreen reminder technology along with your favorite sunscreen with SPF 15 or above (we suggest a higher number) that is applied often in conjunction will save your skin a whole-lot-of trauma from the early stages. Sunscreen and sun safety are important at any age. Regardless of your past in the sun, or with tanning beds, it is never too late to take better care of yourself.
Sundicators – The Best Skin-surance Under The Sun
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017