Snowbirds Need Sun Protection Too
Up here in the north, our waterfowl aren’t all who head out of the region for the winter. When the mercury falls our Snowbirds also sprint for the warmth of points south and west, until the robins can be heard singing their songs again. If the snowbird set includes you, you’ve probably got your routine down pat. Your temporary winter quarters likely already has a cache of clothes in the closet. But, if you’ve brought your toiletries with you, make sure you didn’t leave your sunscreen to hibernate back home in the linen closet while the snow flies.
If you did forget to bring it, it’s a good idea to buy a fresh bottle to keep at your dwelling for the season. If you find some leftover from your last stay, check the expiration date. If past it, toss it out in favor of-you guessed it-a fresh bottle. It’s unwise to try and gauge whether or not you can still get use out of expired sunblock. The more out-of-date it is, the less effective it’s going to be. And ultimately, it’ll be as useless a skin-protectant as vanilla frosting would be. For a couple of bucks, why take the chance?
Some of you may not bother to pick up sunblock because you’re going back home in a few months anyway, and it’ll just end up another item clogging your luggage. The problem with that is, even a few months in the hot climes of Florida, Arizona and etc. is plenty of time to accumulate sun skin damage.
And while it may seem that you’re mostly just going from one air conditioned venue to another in an air conditioned car, there’ll be times when you’ll find yourself outside for an unexpected length of time. Could be for a simple walk around the block for a newspaper, or perhaps just an outdoor conversation with a neighbor. At some point though you’ll be outside, and when you are the sun’s corrosive UV rays will be your constant companion.
Keep Sundicators in your car or purse for those times that being in the sun for long periods will be inevitable. Why think about when to re-apply your sunscreen when we take the guesswork out for you?
Sundicators – The Best Skin-surance Under The Sun
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017