Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder
Though the calendar may tell us it’s still summer, the reality is that the sunniest season is starting to wind down like an old clock. Days are shortening; temperatures, dipping. We want 2306+provide you with this Sun Safety Reminder.
Soon shorts, sandals and flip-flops will be returned to storage; exchanged for long-sleeves, sweaters, shoes and jackets. These are all signs of autumn’s impending arrival, of course. Throughout New England and other colder U.S. climates, it’s considered the most scenic time of the year.
However, as the air cools down and the amount of clothing we wear increases, there is a tendency among many to forget, or at least to curtail, their practices of sun-safety. That is very risky, and in some ways can make the autumn and winter months the most dangerous seasons.
Letting Your Guard Down Leads To Sun Damage or WORSE…
Letting our guards down against the sun’s harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays each year when pumpkins are picked and spiced coffee is sipped, is an open invitation to sun skin damage. UV rays don’t take vacations or go into hibernation once pools are covered for the year. They’re ever-present. They’re not stopped by any kind of precipitation or cloud cover. They also reflect onto us to cause damage from the likes of water, ice, snow and concrete.
And even though we bundle up more and more as Halloween approaches, there’s almost always some form of skin exposure. The face, ears, neck and hands, to name a few, should still be covered by sunscreen whenever we’re outdoors. Skin cancer and its deadliest form, Melanoma, can develop anywhere at all on our skin; including the inside of our mouths.
We suggest keeping a bottle of sunscreen by the door of the most commonly used entrance of your home, to serve as an easy reminder to apply it before leaving.
Enjoy this beautiful season, and remember:
Never Sun-derestimate UV!
Sundicators: The Best Skin-surance Under the Sun!
Visit us at Sundicators.com
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017