Sunscreen and Make-up or Skincare Application
Many women have a beauty routine they’re accustomed to when getting ready in the morning. You may or may not know this, but there’s a correct order to make-up application and skin care protection. In addition, there is a correct timeframe to allow the product to absorb into your skin in order to be effective.
Sunscreen should be applied to your face AFTER skin treatments, but BEFORE your makeup application. If you’re using a prescription, or applying other topical products to your face, wait twenty minutes or so to give them time to penetrate your skin before applying sunscreen. Allowing time in between skin treatments and sunscreen application will help your sunblock’s ability to form a protective barrier on your skin. Of course if you don’t wear any make-up, sunscreen should always be applied liberally.
Did you know that the way in which you apply sunscreen to your face is also important? A nickel-sized application of sunscreen is the correct amount to apply when getting ready in the morning. Make sure to pat on your sunscreen instead of rubbing it in. This will ensure your sunscreen is applied evenly, and help prevent any skin irritation from the friction that comes with rubbing.
If you spend a lot of time outdoors, near windows, or anywhere that sun exposure is a given, re-application will be necessary in order to maintain maximum coverage. This may sound inconvenient, or even have you worried about messing up your make-up; but there’s an easy solution. Just carry sunscreen and a small compact with you for make-up touch up’s. You’ll find it’s no big deal, really. And you can rest-assured that requiring Melanoma (or any other skin cancer) treatments would be far more inconvenient than resorting to this simple and Correct order of sun-safety.
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017