We like to have fun with our blog from time to time. And when better to do so than around our most popular holidays? Now of course, we exist primarily to bring you a continual stream of information and tips to help you maintain and protect the good health of your skin…but it’s Halloween, and there may be a way to combine the two.
Financial times are tight nowadays, (aren’t they always?) so we totally understand if some (or all) of these suggestions aren’t feasible for you. With that disclaimer out of the way, here are some ways to promote Skin Cancer and Melanoma Awareness to the ghosts and goblins in your neighborhood.
If you’ve decorated for Halloween, and those decorations include a scarecrow or a pumpkin-headed, straw or hay-stuffed man lounging on your porch, place a bottle of sunscreen in one arm.
If you have one, place a long-brimmed, sun-repelling hat atop the head of painted pumpkin, (But not a lit Jack O’ Lantern) and leave a bottle of sunscreen next to him.
Affix a bottle of sunscreen to the middle of a fake spider’s web.
If you’ve taped up a witch decoration, place a bottle of sunscreen on a small table next to it near a propped-up, old-fashioned broom.
These are only some of the many ways to get creative with incorporating sun safety into your annual Halloween celebration. In fact, we’d like to see what you come up with in that regard.
Submit a photo of your Halloween sunscreen displays, and the best one selected will be posted on our website…with its owner receiving a treat of his or her own in the form of a Sundicators sun-safety care package.
We would like to wish all of you a very safe, fun and happy Halloween!
- Microblading, Permanent Makeup for Cancer Patients - October 1, 2018
- Dogs are Skin Cancer Patients Best Friend - April 23, 2018
- Vanishing Moles – Looks Can Be Deceiving - March 2, 2018
- New Year Resolution: Healthy Skin and Sun Protection - January 15, 2018
- A Guide to Skin Cancer and Melanoma - November 6, 2017
- Autumn’s Arrival: Sun Safety Reminder - October 11, 2017
- Students: Back to School Skin Protection - September 20, 2017
- An Explosion of Skin Cancer Diagnosis in the 21st Century - July 24, 2017
- Familial Malignant Melanoma: Family Tragedies - June 12, 2017
- Melanoma Monday – May 1, 2017 and every Monday Thereafter… - May 1, 2017